uniform probate code 2-114
- N.D.C.C. § 30.1-04-09 - (2-114) Parent Barred from Inheriting in Certain Circumstances
- Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 190B, § 2-114 - Parent and child relationship
The inadequacies of Missouri intestacy law: addressing the rights of posthumously conceived children.
... should adopt the 2008 amendments to the uniform Probate Code (UPC). This note examines the ...
Challenges and inconsistencies facing the posthumously conceived child.
... and received those benefits through the probate process of intestate succession. . The Model ate Code (MPC) became the first uniform probate act in ...
.... Neither the Uniform Probate Code nor the Restatement distinguishes ...
Marriage, Biology, and Federal Benefits
This Article approaches the topic of same-sex marriage from a novel perspective by scrutinizing the historical accuracy of the primary defense proffered by same-sex marriage opponents -"responsible procreation". In the context of challenges to Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act ("DOMA"), responsible procreation posits that the federal government’s historic purpose in...
- HRS § 560:2-114 - Parent and child relationship
Mother's baby, father's maybe! Intestate succession: when should a child born out of wedlock have a right to inherit from or through his or her biological father?
..., challenged a portion of the Illinois Probate Act that allowed children born out of wedlock to ... look like? Currently, there is no uniformity with respect to out-of-wedlock paternal .... The 2008 Uniform Probate Code uses the parent-child relationship to determine ...
A Matter of Life And Death: Posthumous Conception
Introduction I. Problems Of Paternity And Inheritance A. The Posthumously Conceived Child is Not a "Child" B. Legal Status to Inherit 1. Testate Inheritance 2. Intestate Inheritance 3. Social Security Benefits II. Louisiana's Legislation: Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:391.1 III. Competing Policies In Posthumous Conception A. State Interests 1. Timely Disposition of Estates 2. Welfare of...
... Revised Statutes 9:391.1 to the Civil Code Ancillaries. 48 Louisiana Revised Statutes ... part to protect this state interest, the Uniform Status of Children of Assisted Conception Act ...967, 983-84 (1996). . See, e.g.,Unif. Probate Code § 2-302. . Id. . James E. Bailey, An ...
- C.R.S § 15-11-118 - Adoptee and adoptee's adoptive parent or parents
- C.R.S § 15-11-119 - Adoptee and adoptee's genetic parents
- C.R.S § 15-11-117 - No distinction based on marital status
- C.R.S § 15-11-122 - Equitable adoption
- C.R.S § 15-11-102.5 - Share of designated beneficiary
- C.R.S § 15-11-101 - Intestate estate
- C.R.S § 15-11-113 - Individuals related to decedent through two blood lines
- C.R.S § 15-11-111 - Alienage
- C.R.S § 15-11-109 - Advancements
- C.R.S § 15-11-110 - Debts to decedent
- C.R.S § 15-11-107 - Kindred of half blood
- C.R.S § 15-11-105 - No taker
- C.R.S § 15-11-112 - Dower and courtesy abolished
- C.R.S § 15-11-108 - After-born heirs - repeal. (Repealed)
- C.R.S § 15-11-114 - Parent barred from inheriting in certain circumstances
Free will to will? A case for the recognition of intestacy rights for survivors to a same-sex marriage or civil union.
... that this method is valid and that the probate court will follow their testamentary plans, or ... major policies underlying model probate codes. (78) First and foremost, they attempt to reflect ..., leading to a "stunning lack of uniformity of treatment of surviving same-sex partners." ...