louisiana constitution of 1921
264 U.S. 393 (1924), 421, Louisiana Public Service Commission v. Morgan's Louisiana & Texas Railroad & Steamship Company
... FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF LOUISIANA. Syllabus. 1. Under the Louisiana Constitution of 1921, Art. XIV, 22, the general control of its own streets is an ordinary governmental function of the City of New Orleans. P. 399. ...
- § 17. Provisions of Constitution of 1921 Repealed
- § 21. References to 1921 Constitution
262 U.S. 447 (1923), 24, Commonwealth of Massachusetts v. Mellon
... by them and not granted the Federal government under the Constitution, and that the burden of the appropriations falls unequally upon the ...Kentucky v. Dennison, 24 How. 66, 109. In New Hampshire v. Louisiana; New York v. Louisiana, 108 U.S. 76, this Court declined to take ...
403 U.S. 443 (1971), 323, Coolidge v. New Hampshire
...10, 14. Pp. 449-453. 2. The basic constitutional rule is that. searches conducted outside the judicial process, without .... . .'" . Vale v. Louisiana , 399 U.S. 30, 33, quoting from Shipley v. California , 395 U.S. 818, ...
- La. R.S. § 17:3124 - Transitional provisions
- La. R.S. § 34:2477 - Transitional
- La. R.S. § 34:30 - Transitional
- La. R.S. § 34:47 - Transitional
- La. R.S. § 34:3165 - Transitional
- La. R.S. § 33:2804 - School and special taxes excepted
- Better Safe than Sorry: How Strong Voter Identification Laws Can Protect Louisianans Against the Double-Sided Coin of Voter Disenfranchisement
'Goodbye God, I'm going to Texas': the migration of Louisiana Creoles of Colour and the preservation of Black Catholic and Creole traditions in southeast Texas.
.... 2. The Louisiana State Constitution of 1921 forbade the use of any language other than English in the public school system. Parochial schools also adhered to this policy since most of ...
The Kelo Effect: Eminent Domain and Property Rights in Louisiana
I. Introduction. II. Background: Kelo vs. New London and Historical Analysis. A. Kelo Facts. B.Kelo Decision. C. History and Development of Eminent Domain. 1. U.S. Law Generally. 2. Louisiana Particularly. III. Analysis. A. Louisiana's Constitution -The Current Provision. B. A Louisiana Court's Approach: City of Shreveport v. Chanse Gas Corporation. IV. Proposed Solutions. A. The Future of...
. At the time of this publication, the Louisiana Legislature has proposed an amendment to the Louisiana Constitution, Article I, Section 4(B). The proposal awaits a vote of the citizens. See S.B. 1, 2006 Leg. Reg. Sess. (La.). . The author wishes to thank ...
751 F.2d 789 (5th Cir. 1985), 84-3273, Self v. Blackburn
... v. Frank BLACKBURN, Warden, Louisiana State Penitentiary and. William J. Guste, Jr., Attorney General, State ... I. Both the Louisiana Constitution of 1921 (in force at the time of Self's guilty plea hearing) and the state ...
410 F.2d 715 (5th Cir. 1969), 26493, Shell Oil Co. v. Mouton
...v. Ashton J. MOUTON, Collector of Revenue, State of Louisiana, Defendant-Appellant. Ashton J. MOUTON, Collector of Revenue, State of ... the recovery of taxes paid under protest, that the Louisiana Constitution of 1921 and Article III, Section 35, and Article X, Section 18 thereof, ...
- La. R.S. § 17:1834 - Transitional provisions
- La. R.S. § 17:1854 - Transitional provisions
- La. R.S. § 13:5741 - Payment of tax proceeds directly to coroner's office; compensation of coroner and helpers
506 F.2d 841 (5th Cir. 1975), 74-1615, Fruge's Heirs v. Blood Services
... the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana. Before TUTTLE, RONEY and GEE, Circuit Judges. ... and strict liability, that if it does it violates the state constitution, and that Article 2315 of the Code supports an action based on breach of ...
- La. R.S. § 39:1423 - Application of provisions
469 U.S. 325 (1985), 83-712, New Jersey v. T.L.O.
... this Court establish that "if an official search violates constitutional rights, the evidence is not admissible in criminal proceedings." Id. at ...Taylor , 461 U.S. 571 (1983) (per curiam), with Thompson v. Louisiana, ante p. 17 (per curiam); Welsh v. Wisconsin , 466 U.S. 740 (1984); ...
- La. R.S. § 17:98 - Special schoolhouse tax; certificates of indebtedness; anticipation of revenues
- La. R.S. § 18:1281 - Statement of purpose
- La. R.S. § 33:2476.3 - City of Hammond Municipal Fire and Police Civil Service Board; compensation of members