- Plan a Winter Sun Escape to the Southern Hemisphere With Bridge & Wickers.
- E-Piracy: What You Can Do To Stop It.
Torrent v. Apotex: Secondary Indicia Insufficient to Counter Obviousness of Gilenya at PTAB
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board recently found that all claims of U.S. Pat. 8,324,283, covering the multiple sclerosis treatment Gilenya, are invalid as obvious over prior art.
- The case against combating BitTorrent piracy through mass John Doe copyright infringement lawsuits.
- Life Technologies Finishes Acquisition of Ion Torrent.
Naming Doe Defendants in Bit Torrent Copyright Case is Shooting First, Identifying Targets Later
Boy Racer, Inc. v. Does 1-22, No. 11 C 2984, Slip Op. (N.D. Ill. May 9, 2011) (Shadur, Sen. J.). Judge Shadur sua sponte dismissed plaintiff Boy Racer's copyright infringement complaint without prejudice. The Court held that Boy Racer could not "shoot first and identify [its] targets later" by suing twenty-two Doe defendants. Instead, Boy Racer was free to file its suits against...
Temporal Overlap Not Required for Joinder of Bit Torrent Does
Cobbler Nevada, LLC v. Does 1-38, No. 15 C 5283, Slip Op. (N.D. Ill. Oct. 23, 2015) (Coleman, J.). Judge Coleman denied Doe 38’s Fed. R. Civ. P. 20 motion to dismiss Does 2-38 for improper joinder in this BitTorrent copyright case involving the movie The Cobbler. Does 1-38 allegedly participated in a single swarm...
- Food For Thought: California Court Prevents Second Bit At The Apple Yogurt
“Growing Trend” That Bit Torrent Doe Defendants Need Not be Time-Related
TCYK, LLC, v. Does 1-44, No. 13 C 3825, Slip Op. (N.D. Ill. Feb. 20, 2014) (Dow J.). Judge Dow denied various Doe defendants’ motions to grant subpoenas to their respective ISPs in this BitTorrent copyright case involving the movie “The Company You Keep” with Robert Redford and Susan Sarandon. Of particular note, the Court...
Bit Torrent Default Judgment Gets $750/Movie
Malibu Media, LLC v. Funderburg, No. 13 C 2614, Slip Op. (N.D. Ill. Apr. 24, 2015) (Dow, J.). Judge Dow granted plaintiff Malibu Media’s motion for default judgment in this copyright case regarding pornographic movies. Malibu Media sufficiently pled copyright infringement: 1) Malibu Media owned a copyright in the movie; and 2) defendant downloaded “bits”...
- United States v. Nielson, 122911 FED5, 10-51047
- United States v. Chaparro, 041320 FED7, 18-2513
Filing Patents Does Not Create Jurisdiction Outside of the E.D. Virginia
Torrent Pharma. Ltd. V. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., No. 16 C 2988, 3956 & 4876, Slip Op. (N.D. Ill. Jul. 25, 2016) (Pallmeyer, J.). Judge Pallmeyer granted declaratory judgment defendants’ Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(b) motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction in this ANDA patent litigation involving Benicar®, a drug for treating hypertension. As...
Corrosion of Cast Iron Coverage
Homes or commercial properties built prior to 1975 likely contain cast iron plumbing. Nearly 2.5 million homes in Florida have cast iron plumbing and are susceptible to pipe corrosion. The natural abundance of salt and moisture produced a torrent of insurance claims in previous years.
Bit Torrent Doe Allowed to Proceed Anonymously
Malibu Media, LLC v. Reynolds, No. 12 C 6672, Slip Op. (N.D. Ill. Mar. 7, 2013) (Kendall, J.). Judge Kendall: 1) denied defendant Doe 15’s motion to dismiss; 2) denied Doe 15’s motion to quash the subpoena of Doe 15’s internet provider; 3) granted Doe 15’s unopposed motion to remain anonymous; and 4) severed each...
- Endangered and Threatened Species; Take of Anadromous Fish
- Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) 77-Memphis, Tennessee; Notification of Proposed Production Activity; ISK Biosciences Corporation (Agricultural Chemicals); Memphis, Tennessee
- Analyses of Agreements Containing Consent Orders to Aid Public Comment: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- "Gay rights" in Practice: "tolerance" has been called for by homosexuals repeatedly in the recent past, but now that they have media and judges doing their bidding, tolerance has disappeared.
- Filings: Attorney helped build online hate factory'.
- Hannity Highlights Byrna(R) HD on FOX News.
- Giga-tronics Announces Management Changes.
- More Than 5 Million File Initial Unemployment Claims.
- APS allies attack company critic on Twitter.
- Who speaks for Islam?; Violence fuels debate among Muslims over interpreting faith.