- 472 U.S. 749 (1985), 83-18, Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. v. Greenmoss Builders
- 302 F.3d 531 (5th Cir. 2002), 01-40366, Diamond offshore Co. v. A&B Builders, Inc.
- 933 F.2d 131 (2nd Cir. 1991), 526, Wm. Passalacqua Builders, Inc. v. Resnick Developers South, Inc.
- 996 F.2d 1144 (11th Cir. 1993), 92-2410, Resolution Trust Corp. v. Hallmark Builders, Inc.
- 540 F.2d 102 (3rd Cir. 1976), 74-2189, Lindy Bros. Builders, Inc. of Philadelphia v. American Radiator & Standard Sanitary Corp.
- 936 F.2d 1462 (4th Cir. 1991), 90-2449, Fayetteville Investors v. Commercial Builders, Inc.
- 550 F.2d 47 (2nd Cir. 1976), 1028, Fidelity Mortg. Investors v. Camelia Builders, Inc.
- 987 F.2d 57 (1st Cir. 1993), 92-1921, Taber Partners, I v. Merit Builders, Inc.
- 487 F.2d 161 (3rd Cir. 1973), 72-1647, Lindy Bros. Builders, Inc. of Phila. v. American Radiator & Standard Sanitary Corp.
- 74 F.3d 488 (4th Cir. 1996), 94-2139, Superior Form Builders, Inc. v. Dan Chase Taxidermy Supply Co., Inc.
- 508 F.2d 547 (1st Cir. 1974), 74-1169, George R. Whitten, Jr., Inc. v. Paddock Pool Builders, Inc.
- 551 F.2d 370 (D.C. Cir. 1976), 75-1976, Trans-Bay Engineers & Builders, Inc. v. Hills
- 501 F.2d 324 (7th Cir. 1974), 72-1655, Clark v. Universal Builders, Inc.
- 30 F.3d 503 (4th Cir. 1994), 92-2432, Diamond Star Bldg. Corp. v. Sussex Co. Builders, Inc.
- 505 F.2d 97 (5th Cir. 1974), 73-3278, Associated Builders, Inc. v. Alabama Power Co.
- 424 F.2d 25 (1st Cir. 1970), 7381, George R. Whitten, Jr., Inc. v. Paddock Pool Builders, Inc.
- 891 F.2d 1473 (10th Cir. 1989), 86-1497, Monument Builders of Greater Kansas City, Inc. v. American Cemetery Assn. of Kansas
- 143 F.3d 1006 (5th Cir. 1998), 97-60285, Home Builders Ass'n of Mississippi, Inc. v. City of Madison, Miss.
- 757 F.2d 255 (Fed. Cir. 1985), 84-1292, Builders Concrete, Inc. v. Bremerton Concrete Products Co.
- 495 U.S. 930 (1990), 89-1438, Mount Washington Cemetery v. Monument Builders of Greater Kansas City, Inc.
- 919 F.2d 374 (5th Cir. 1990), 89-3775, Associated Builders & Contractors of Louisiana, Inc. v. Orleans Parish School Bd.
Lyda Swinerton Builders, Inc. v. Oklahoma Surety Co., 082918 FED5, 16-20195
The Fifth Circuit withdrew its prior opinion and substituted the following opinion in light of the Texas Supreme Court's opinion on rehearing in USAA Texas Lloyds Co. v. Menchaca, 545 S.W.3d 479 (2018). This case involved issues of Texas law relating to an insurer's duty to defend and the damages that an insured may recover when an insurer beaches that duty. The court affirmed the district court'
877 F.3d 600 (5th Cir. 2017), 16-20195, Lyda Swinerton Builders, Inc. v. Oklahoma Surety Co.
OSC filed suit challenging the district court's grant of summary judgment in favor of LSB on OSC's duty to defend, OSC's breach of that duty, and OSC's liability under the Texas Prompt Payment of Claims Act (PPCA). OSC also appealed the denial of its partial motion for summary judgment based on the anti-stacking rule. The Fifth Circuit held that there were no genuine issues of material fact and...
867 F.3d 871 (8th Cir. 2017), 16-3636, Paris Limousine of Oklahoma, LLC v. Executive Coach Builders, Inc.
Paris Limousine filed suit against Executive Coach, alleging that limousines it purchased from Executive Coach were in breach of warranty. The Eighth Circuit reversed the district court's dismissal of the complaint, holding that Paris Limousine brought its express warranty claim under Missouri law, which authorizes private enforcement actions for breaches of express warranties. The National...
- 903 F.3d 435 (5th Cir. 2018), 16-20195, Lyda Swinerton Builders, Inc. v. Oklahoma Surety Co.