19 cfr 145 59
- Protecting Statutory Conscience Rights in Health Care; Delegations of Authority
- Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions From New, Modified, and Reconstructed Stationary Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units
- 538 F.2d 349 (D.C. Cir. 1976), 75-1951, Chisholm v. F. C. C.
- Discrimination on the Basis of Sex
- Modernization of Property Disclosures for Mining Registrants
- 461 U.S. 574 (1983), 81-3, 81-1., Bob Jones University v. U.s.
- 19 CFR 123.4 - Inward foreign manifest forms to be used
- 406 F.3d 689 (D.C. Cir. 2005), 04-1037, American Library Ass'n. v. F.C.C.
Pre-Submission Risk Adjustment Audits: Preventing Medicare Advantage Plans from Draining Medicare Funds Dry
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ("CMS") pays private organizations on a capitated payment rate to provide medical services to Medicare beneficiaries in the Medicare Advantage Program. To decrease the risk of the capitated payment model, CMS uses risk adjustment to increase payment for beneficiaries with a higher risk score. The risk adjustment data submission process is...
A Fair Day's Pay for a Fair Day's Work': Why Congress Should Amend the Fair Labor Standards Act to Include an Actual Time Test for Retroactive Damages
In 1938, Congress passed the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) with the support of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who said every worker deserved “a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.”1 In an Eighth Circuit case decided in 2012, the court addressed an important and persistent ambiguity in the FLSA regarding calculating compensable time, but failed to clarify the issue. The question that has...
- Implementation of the Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Mediation and Mental Health Claims under the ADA
Mediation has become of increasing importance in employment law in light of new trends for employers who have employees with mental health disabilities; there are certain mediation practices that provide several resources for employers to implement effective mental health programs.
- FDA REGULATION OF 3D-PRINTED ORGANS AND ASSOCIATED ETHICAL CHALLENGES.
The Fallacy of Liberal Discovery: Litigating Employment Discrimination Cases in the E-Discovery Age
Although the reliance upon the fallacy of liberal discovery has always been problematic for plaintiffs, in the e-discovery age, the problem is magnified because of the substantial cost and complexity of accessing electronic records. The plaintiff in an employment discrimination case carries this heavy burden of proof even though the defendant/employer has greater access to the relevant...
- Maximizing VA benefits for survivors of military sexual trauma: a practical guide for survivors and their advocates.
- WORTH THE CLICK: WHY GREATER FTC ENFORCEMENT IS NEEDED TO CURTAIL DECEPTIVE PRACTICES IN INFLUENCER MARKETING.
- Regulations Regarding Withholding of Tax on Certain U.S. Source Income Paid to Foreign Persons, Information Reporting and Backup Withholding on Payments Made to Certain U.S. Persons, and Portfolio Interest Treatment
- 29 CFR 1910.110 - Storage and handling of liquefied petroleum gases
Credit Reform and the States: The Vital Role of Attorneys General After Dodd-Frank
Congress employed multiple strategies in the wake of the Great Recession to provide greater protections for consumers in the financial marketplace. One strategy aimed at agency design and resulted in creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Another strategy created new substantive prohibitions and corresponding rulemaking powers. A third strategy channeled the forces of federalism,...
- Employment law violations.
- 7 CFR 1755.522 - RUS general specification for digital, stored program controlled central office equipment
- The #MeToo Movement Migrates to M&A Boilerplate.