19 cfr 145 59
- Arbitration Agreements
- 562 U.S. 134 (2011), 09-530, National Aeronautics and Space Administration v. Nelson
- Alaska Gasline Development Corp., 052120 FERC, CP17-178-000
- NETWORK-SENSITIVE FINANCIAL REGULATION.
- Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2014 Rates; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers; Hospital Conditions of Participation; Payment Policies Related to Patient Status
- In pursuit of patent quality (and reflections on reification).
The Living Regulatory Challenges of Synthetic Biology
The rapidly emerging technology of synthetic biology will place great strain upon the extant regulatory system due to three atypical characteristics of this nascent technology: (1) synthetic biology organisms can evolve; (2) traditional risk structures do not apply; and (3) the conventional regulatory focus on end-products may be a poor match for novel organisms that produce products. This...
- Medics, markets, and Medicare.
- Jordan Cove Energy Project L.P. Pacific, 052220 FERC, CP17-495-001
- Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Restrictions on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products
- Internal administrative law.
- Multijurisdictional M&A litigation.
- AIRPORTS, DRONEPORTS, AND THE NEW URBAN AIRSPACE.
- The productivity problem: an analysis of conservation easement taxation issues following South Dakota's implementation of a productivity-based land valuation system.
Healthism and the Law of Employment Discrimination
Recently, several employers around the country announced they would no longer hire applicants who use nicotine, even off the clock. Just last year, one entity adopted a policy that it would not employ individuals classified as severely obese. Read together, nicotine and obesity bans can be understood as employer practices that intentionally screen out unhealthy individuals. Yet should these...
- Beware the Boilerplate: Assessing Consequential Damages Waivers in Technology Contracts, 0118 COBJ, Vol. 47, No. 1 Pg. 20
- 934 F.3d 918 (9th Cir. 2019), 17-16245, Senne v. Kansas City Royals Baseball Corp.
So, What Should I Ask Him to Prove that He's Gay?': How Sincerity, and Not Stereotype, Should Dictate the Outcome of an LGB Asylum Claim in the United States
Many LGB persons from around the world come to the United States in search of a safe haven from violence and persecution. Some of those persons end up in deportation proceedings where they need to prove their sexual orientation before they can be granted asylum. Many immigration judges are understanding and receptive to the plights of these persons. However, while adjudicating claims, some judges
- Introduction to the Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions-Fall 2018
- Life, death, and Medicare fraud: the corruption of hospice and what the private public partnership under the federal False Claims Act is doing about it.
- A textual analysis of whistleblower protections under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Interoperability and Patient Access for Medicare Advantage Organization and Medicaid Managed Care Plans, State Medicaid Agencies, CHIP Agencies and CHIP Managed Care Entities, Issuers of Qualified Health Plans on the Federally-Facilitated Exchanges, and Health Care Providers
- Head Start Performance Standards
Why the Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel Includes an Out-of-Court Interpreter
The Sixth Amendment provides defendants the right to confer with counsel before trial and during recesses. The federal and most state court systems provide a court interpreter for in-court proceedings for indigent defendants who cannot speak English. However, neither the federal nor state systems provide an interpreter for out-of-court communications between attorneys and limited English...