10 u s c 2306 d
__ U.S. __ (2016), 15-274, Whole Woman's Health v. Hellerstedt
Texas House Bill 2 (2013) required that a “physician performing or inducing an abortion . . . must, on the date [of service], have active admitting privileges at a hospital . . . not further than 30 miles from the” abortion facility, and that the facility meet the state’s “minimum standards . . . for ambulatory surgical centers.” As a basis for enjoining enforcement, the district court found: as...
__ U.S. __ (2015), 14-378, McFadden v. United States
McFadden was charged with violation of the Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act, which identifies substances substantially similar to those listed on the federal controlled substances schedules, 21 U.S.C. 802(32)(A), and instructs courts to treat those analogues as schedule I controlled substances if they are intended for human consumption, Arguing that he did not know the “bath salts”...
- 412 U.S. 546 (1973), 71-1192, Goldstein v. California
- 327 U.S. 1 (1946), 61, In re Yamashita
- GENERAL INTEREST: Industry Insight.
- 501 U.S. 252 (1991), 90-906, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority v. Citizens for the Abatement of Aircraft Noise, Inc.
- 7 CFR 2.22 - Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs
- 40 CFR 1065.602 - Statistics
- United States, et al. v. Nexstar Media Group, Inc., et al.: Proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement
- 7 CFR 2.79 - Administrator, Agricultural Marketing Service
- 552 F.2d 833 (9th Cir. 1976), 75-2424, United States v. King
- The Safer Affordable Fuel-Efficient (SAFE) Vehicles Rule for Model Years 2021-2026 Passenger Cars and Light Trucks
- Active members: Daar-Dzurak.
- Alaska Business Monthly 2011 conventions, meetings & corporate travel directory.
- 548 U.S. 557 (2006), 05-184, Hamdan v. Rumsfeld
- 442 U.S. 289 (1979), 78-225, Babbitt v. United Farm Workers National Union
- 521 U.S. 702 (1997), 96-110, Washington v. Glucksberg
Will-Substitutes in the U.S. and in Spain
Globally, the use of will-substitutes to transmit property upon death has been on the rise. Will-substitutes, voluntary and freely revocable instruments that effectuate the post-mortem, gratuitous transfer of assets, operate outside the confines of traditional succession law. In the United States, the motives driving the proliferation of such mechanisms and the legal implications of their use...
- Joint Industry Plan; Order Approving the National Market System Plan Governing the Consolidated Audit Trail
- __ U.S. __, 18-302, Iancu v. Brunetti
Why the Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel Includes an Out-of-Court Interpreter
The Sixth Amendment provides defendants the right to confer with counsel before trial and during recesses. The federal and most state court systems provide a court interpreter for in-court proceedings for indigent defendants who cannot speak English. However, neither the federal nor state systems provide an interpreter for out-of-court communications between attorneys and limited English...
- Safety and Efficacy of Orthopaedic Surgical Devices Under the FDA's Updated Premarket Notification Program.
- Legalization conflicts and reliance defenses.
The Numerus Clausus Principle, Property Customs, and the Emergence of New Property Forms
The numerus clausus debate has focused on the principle's explanatory power in the American common law, but the available theory is not as readily applicable to the civil law context. The numerus clausus principle present in the civil codes is often stricter than it is in practice— courts in several jurisdictions have allowed property customs to create new property forms. In this Essay, we...
- Control of Air Pollution From Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards