union trust company of maryland
- Estate of Mervin G. Pierpont, Deceased, Union Trust Company of Maryland and Ernest L. Poyner, Executors, Petitioners, v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Respondent., 336 F.2d 277 (4th Cir. 1964)
- deJardin v. Union Trust Company of Maryland, 590 F.2d 330 (4th Cir. 1979)
- Notice: Fourth Circuit I.O.P. 36.6 States that Citation of Unpublished Dispositions is Disfavored Except for Establishing Res Judicata, Estoppel, or the Law of the Case and Requires Service of Copies of Cited Unpublished Dispositions of the Fourth Circuit. Union Trust Company of Maryland, Appellant, v. Commercial Credit Development Corporation, Appellee., 808 F.2d 836 (4th Cir. 1986)
- Notice: Fourth Circuit I.O.P. 36.6 States that Citation of Unpublished Dispositions is Disfavored Except for Establishing Res Judicata, Estoppel, or the Law of the Case and Requires Service of Copies of Cited Unpublished Dispositions of the Fourth Circuit. Union Trust Company of Maryland, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Charter Medical Corporation, a Delaware Corporation, Defendant-Appellee., 823 F.2d 548 (4th Cir. 1987)
- Union Trust Company of Maryland, a Body Corporate, Trustee of the Trust Estate of Raymond Kent Tongue, Jr., Deceased, Appellant, v. Kansas City Life Insurance Company, a Body Corporate, Appellee., 300 F.2d 606 (4th Cir. 1962)
- Ernest L. Poyner and Union Trust Company, of Maryland, Executors of the Estate of Mervin G. Pierpont, Deceased, and Lallah R. Pierpont, Petitioners, v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Respondent., 301 F.2d 287 (4th Cir. 1962)
- United States Fidelity and Guaranty Company and Union Trust Company of Maryland, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Defendant, Third Party Plaintiff- Appellee, v. State Bank of Albany, Philadelphia National Bank, and First Pennsylvania Bank, Third Party Defendants-Appellees., 786 F.2d 77 (2nd Cir. 1986)
- Notice: Fourth Circuit I.O.P. 36.6 States that Citation of Unpublished Dispositions is Disfavored Except for Establishing Res Judicata, Estoppel, or the Law of the Case and Requires Service of Copies of Cited Unpublished Dispositions of the Fourth Circuit. Judith A. Ferragamo, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Signet Banking Corporation, Formerly Known as Bank of Virginia Company; Signet Bank/Virginia, Formerly Known as Bank of Virginia; Floyd Griggs; John Patterson, Jr.; William Dieter; Frederick Deane, Jr.; Robert Freeman; William Cowie; J. Stevenson Peck; Benjamin Vaughan, Iii; H. Nathaniel Taylor; Elbert R. Hines, Jr.; Signet Bank/Maryland, Formerly Known as Union Trust Company of Maryland, Defendants-Appellees., 46 F.3d 1123 (4th Cir. 1995)
Section 8: Powers of Congress
...Maryland , a closely divided Court declined to "regard it ...Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. to the extent of allowing interest on state ... clause refers only to the States of the Union, the District of Columbia, and incorporated ... later, it chartered the Union Pacific Company. . The litigation growing out of these and ...
Fourteenth Amendment. Section 1: Privileges and immunities of citizenchip, due process and equal protection
... of contributory negligence); Western Union Tel. Co. v. Milling Co., 218 U.S. 406 (1910) ...Northwestern Iron & Metal Company and AFL v. American Sash & Door Co. When labor ...Farmer's Loan and Trust Co. finally removed all lingering doubts over ...The claimant was a Maryland resident who was owed a debt by Balk, a North ...
Section 2: Judicial Power and Jurisdiction
... right to come into the courts of the Union." . Judicial power is "the power of a court to ...Thus, in Pol-lock v. Farmers' Loan and Trust Co. , the Court sustained the jurisdiction of a district court which had enjoined the company from paying an income tax even though the suit ... the record as "late of the district of Maryland," but were not designated as citizens of ...
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, v. the Infinity Group Company; Geoffrey P. Benson; Geoffrey J. O'Connor; Futures Holding Company; Slb Charitable Trust; Susan L. Benson; Jgs Trust; Lindsey Springer; Bondage Breaker Ministries Lindsey Springer; Bondage Breaker Ministries, Third-Party Plaintiffs v. the Union States of the Constitution, I.E.; Alaska; Alabama; Arkansas; Arizona; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Iowa; Illinois; Indiana; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Massachusetts; Maryland; Maine; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; Mississippi; Montana; North Carolina; North Dakota; Nebraska; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; Nevada; New York; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Vermont; Wisconsin; West Virginia; Wyoming; Washington; Federal District of Columbia, Third-Party Defendants Geoffrey J. O'Connor (98-1215), Geoffrey P. Benson (98-1216), Susan L. Benson, Pro Se On..., 212 F.3d 180 (3rd Cir. 2000)
First Amendment: Religion And Free Expression
... in order to determine that no language of trust in favor of the general church was contained in ... support for religion" through "the symbolic union of government and religion in one sectarian ... broadened when the Court sustained a Maryland program of annual subsidies to qualifying private ... performer's suit for damages against the company for having "appropriated" his act, thereby ...
Section 10: Powers Denied to the States
... from holding office in a waterfront union was not a bill of attainder because the ..., has issued bonds in aid of a railway company; (2) the validity of this statute has been ... and Government of Great Britain, and the trustees, as successors to the donors. The charter, in ...Maryland . "When the importer has so acted upon the thing ...
- United States of America, and Wendell Edwards, Special Agent, Internal Revenue Service, Appellants, v. T. R. Mcguirt, as President of Mcguirt'S Electric, Inc., and Mcguirt'S Electric, Inc., Appellees. United States of America and W. Donald Bell, Special Agent, Internal Revenue Service, Appellees, v. Maryland Lumber Company, Appellant, and the Union Trust Company, Defendant., 588 F.2d 419 (4th Cir. 1978)
Section 1: Legislative Powers
...Maryland : "This government is acknowledged by all, to be ... confers absolutely on the government of the Union, the powers of making war, and of making ...Mid-America Pipeline Company that there was "nothing in the placement of the ... which it deemed incompatible with his trust and duty as a member, it was entitled to ...
District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. (2008)
..., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union , 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth ... orderly conduct that they can safely be trusted with fire-arms, and they need them to kill game ...The States of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts sent no relevant ... Williams, the captain of a "Negro militia company," id., at 59, this way: . "[A] cavalcade of ...
Section 1: Judicial Power, Courts, Judges
... case in which a claim was made against a company for breaches of contract and warranty, purely ...In Thomas v. Union Carbide Agric. Products Co. , the Court upheld a ... theory that the common law, in force in Maryland when the cession of that part of the State that ... . Old Colony Trust Co. v. Commissioner, 279 U.S. 716 (1929); Ex ...
Notice: Fourth Circuit I.O.P. 36.6 States that Citation of Unpublished Dispositions is Disfavored Except for Establishing Res Judicata, Estoppel, or the Law of the Case and Requires Service of Copies of Cited Unpublished Dispositions of the Fourth Circuit. Quality Automotive Company, a Corporation, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Signet Bank/Maryland, a Corporation, Defendant-Appellee., 983 F.2d 1057 (4th Cir. 1993)
...'s claim arises from the termination of a commercial financing agreement between it and the Union Trust Company of Maryland. The Union Trust Company of Maryland is now known as Signet ...
- Estado y religión de acuerdo con los Estados Unidos de América. Análisis y sistematización del modelo relacional
Fifth Amendment: Rights Of Persons
...In Benton v. Maryland , however, the Court concluded "that the double ... times the different rationales of trustworthiness and constitutional fairness. . Ultimately, ... against an employer by a complaining union, the National Labor Relations Board undertook to ... for services rendered by a stockyard company, due process required that the court exercise its ...
Grupo Mexicano de Desarrollo, S. A. v. Alliance Bond Fund, Inc., 527 U.S. 308 (1999)
...A. (GMD), a Mexican holding company. Four GMD subsidiaries (also petitioners) ... publicly announced that it would place in trust its right to receive $17 million of Toll Road ... may be found in every state of the Union .. In many [States], if not in all, a debtor may ...Supp. 131 (DC 1982), aff'd sub nom. Maryland v. United States, 460 U. S. 1001 (1983) ...
Section 2: Powers and Duties of the President
... do not enlarge the boundaries of this Union, nor extend the operation of our institutions and ... New York branch of a Russian insurance company. The company argued that the decrees of ... office was to him a sacred and temporary trust, which he was determined to pass on unimpaired by ...977 (1974). . See Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), and Rule 16, Federal Rules ...
McCulloch v. Maryland, 17 U.S. 316, 4 Wheat. 316 (1819)
... It is further admitted, that the president, directors and company of the Bank of the United States, incorporated by the act of ... of the United States and composing one of the states of the Union. It is further admitted, that James William McCulloch, the ... create corporations to execute powers confided to their trust, without any specific authority in the state constitutions for ...
Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393, 19 How. 393 (1856)
... England, and in the different States of the Union which have adopted the common-law rules. . In .... The province of Maryland, in 1717, (ch. 13, s. 5,) passed a law declaring ... own safety and the safety of those who trusted and confided in them. . Besides, this want of ...The Fulton Steamboat Company, (6 Wheaton, 450;) Mollan et al. v. Torrence, (9 ...