- Douglas El, Appellant v. Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority ("Septa"), Defendant/Third-Party Plaintiff v. J & D Jagicla Enterprises, Inc., Trading as Liberty Vans; King Limousine Service, Inc.; Anderson Travel; Krapfs Cps, Inc.; Community Transit, Inc.; Atlantic Paratrans, Inc.; Triage, Inc.; Edens Corporation; King Paratransit Service, Inc., Third-Party Defendants., 479 F.3d 232 (3rd Cir. 2007)
- Mears Transportation Group, Checker Cab Company of Orlando, Inc., City Cab Company of Orlando, Inc., Yellow Cab Company of Orlando, Inc., Mears Special Services, Inc., Airport Limousine Service of Orlando, Inc., and Paratransit Risk Retention Group of Maryland, Inc., Plaintiffs-Appellees, v. State of Florida, Defendant, Fred O. Dickinson, Iii, as Executive Director of the State of Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, Defendant-Appellant. Ashtin Leasing, Inc., D/B/a Ace Metro Cab, D/B/a Gator Cab, and Paratransit Risk Retention Group of Maryland, Inc., Plaintiffs-Appellees, v. Fred O. Dickinson, Iii, as Executive Director of the State of Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, and Individually, Defendant-Appellant., 34 F.3d 1013 (11th Cir. 1994)
- Digital Recorders, Inc. Addresses APTA Bus & Paratransit Conference and U.S. Market Trends.
- Digital Recorders, Inc. Announces Participation in APTA Bus & Paratransit Show; APTA Says U.S. Public Transportation Ridership Has Increased by 25.1 Percent Since 1995.
Transit Van Catches Fire
LONG BEACH - Long Beach firefighters put out a fire in a disabled people's transport van at about 9:45 a.m. Monday morning. No passengers were aboard the Diversified Paratransit Inc. van and no one was injured.
- Atlantic Express Transportation Group Inc. Awarded Paratransit Service Contract by New Jersey Transit.
- Hybrid Technologies Inc. 'OTCBB:HYBT' to Open Larger Production Facility as Production of NASA and Paratransit Orders/Agreements Begins, Japan's Largest News Source Features Hybrid.
California Employment Law Notes - July 2012
...The United States Supreme Court affirmed the judgment of the Ninth Circuit. Employee Terminated For Refusing To Sign Disciplinary Memo Was Disqualified From Unemployment Benefits. Paratransit, Inc. v. CUIAB, 206 Cal. App. 4th 1319 (2012). Craig Medeiros was terminated by his employer Paratransit for refusing to sign a disciplinary memorandum that was issued in connection with a prior ...
California Employment Law Notes - July 2012.
...The United States Supreme Court affirmed the judgment of the Ninth Circuit. . Employee Terminated For Refusing To Sign Disciplinary Memo Was Disqualified From Unemployment Benefits . Paratransit, Inc. v. CUIAB, 206 Cal. App. 4th 1319 (2012) . Craig Medeiros was terminated by his employer Paratransit for refusing to sign a disciplinary memorandum that was issued in connection with a prior ...
Fenwick Employment Brief - July 11, 2012
... California Court Rules That Unemployment Benefits Were Properly Denied For Termination Based Upon Employee's Refusal To Sign Disciplinary Memorandum. In Paratransit, Inc. v. Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, an employee appealed the denial of his claim for unemployment insurance benefits where the employer terminated him for refusing to sign a disciplinary ...
- Digital Recorders, Inc. Announces $1.0 Million-Plus Order for Transit Vehicle Location and Voice Announcement Systems; Order Will Enhance Security Functionality on Paratransit Bus Vehicle Fleet in Jacksonville, Fla.
Mta Transit Cuts Challenged by Disabled New Yorkers and Their Advocates
Claim that the MTA's June 27th Service Cuts Violate Americans With Disabilities Act and Disproportionately Impact Mobility- Impaired New Yorkers BROOKLYN, N.Y., Aug. 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, plaintiffs RueZalia Watkins, Anthony Trocchia, and Clara Reiss, all people who are unable to travel long distances on their own or make use of the subway system because of their mobility...
El Transporte Público Del Estado Bajo Fuerte Presión
Los Ángeles perderá 133 millones de dólares si las deducciones se llevan a cabo, advirtió Michael Turner, gerente de asuntos públicos de la Autoridad Metropolitana del Transporte. "Ese dinero podría ir para operar el sistema actual o hacia nuevos proyectos", anotó. En lugar de esperar por un autobús o tren 10 minutos, quizá tengan que aguardar 20 ó 30 minutos; y en consecuencia habrá...
Retroactivity Of Third Party Harassment Law Questioned.
.... By way of background, in Salazar v. Diversified Paratransit, Inc., a female employee filed suit against her employer and supervisor alleging sexual harassment by a customer in violation of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act ("FEHA"), Government ...
Retroactivity Of Third Party Harassment Law Questioned
...By way of background, in Salazar v. Diversified Paratransit, Inc., a female employee filed suit against her employer and supervisor alleging sexual harassment by a customer in violation of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act ("FEHA"), Government ...
Board of Trustees of Univ. of Ala. v. Garrett, 531 U.S. 356 (2001)
...00117 person with disability denied police officer job. 00119 Arizona Department of Economic Security took 3 1/2 to 4 years to fix unsafe van lift. 00121 county paratransit refused to provide transportation to college. 00124 department of motor vehicles placed restrictions on driver's license because of deafness. 00125 teacher with hearing impairment denied numerous ...
WRTA money stolen; Employee put on unpaid leave.
Byline: Scott J. Croteau . WORCESTER - A Paratransit Services Inc. employee has been put on unpaid leave after an audit discovered the theft of $45,300 from Professional Transit Management - the company that manages the Worcester Regional Transit ...
Deborah Anderson, Bernice Bird, Debra Bonomo, Charlene Carges, Kathryn Froelich, Barbara Forgione, Carmen Hernandez, Lynne Gentry, Ismael Massa, Jeffrey Miller, Vladimir Pelakh, Shelly Perrin, Center for Disability Advocacy Rights, Inc., Plaintiffs-Appellees, v. Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority, Donald J. Riley, in His Official Capacity as Chief Executive Officer of the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority, Lift Line, Inc., Debie Himmelsbach, in Her Official Capacity as Director of Regional Operations of Lift Line, Defendants-Appellants., 337 F.3d 201 (2nd Cir. 2003)
...PARKER, Jr., Circuit Judges. JACOBS, Circuit Judge. The plaintiffs, twelve disabled individuals and a disability rights organization, allege that the defendants' paratransit system for disabled persons in the Rochester, New York area violated the Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq. ("ADA" or the "Act"). The defendants moved for summary judgment in ...
Legal Notice - Public Notice - Unified Human Services Transportation System, Inc. T/a Radar
PUBLIC NOTICE Unified Human Services Transportation System, Inc. T/A RADAR, is a non-profit community corporation, which has provided transportation to social service agencies, governments, and other private organizations in the Roanoke area for the past thirty eight years. Funds are being requested from the Commonwealth of Virginia through the ETA Section 5310 Program to purchase two twelve ...
- Paratransit official in probe ID'd; Missing $45,300 is investigated.
Cabs Inc. v. Hartford Insurance Group, (10th Cir. 2005)
. UNITED. STATES COURT OF APPEALS. . TENTH CIRCUIT. CABS, INC., doing business as ZONE. CABS, INC., also doing business as. CENTENNIAL SEDANS, INC., and. PARATRANSIT RISK RETENTION. GROUP INSURANCE CO.,. Plaintiffs-Counter-. Defendants-Appellants,. No. 03-1452. (D. of Colo.). (D.C. No. 01-M-1367 (MJW)). v. HARTFORD INSURANCE GROUP,. ...
DriveCam Launches Insights Series.
Initial Study Reveals Top Behaviors & Collision Statistics in Transit Industry . SAN DIEGO -- Just in time for APTA's Bus & Paratransit Conference, DriveCam Inc., a global Driver Risk Management (DRM) company, launched its DriveCam Insights Series[TM] today. Designed to provide insight for executives and managers throughout a variety ...
LORAINE CAMPBELL V. STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT, (9th Cir. 2011)
...Despite this need for supervision, Justine was able to travel to Elder Care on a paratransit bus by herself, as she did on the day of her accident. . Every year, employees at SOLA conducted a needs assessment for Justine, resulting in the annual creation of a Personal Support Plan ...
Orbital Awarded $15 Million Contract for a Public Transit Fleet Management System in Rochester, NY.
...The Orbital system will allow for complete information sharing between the RGRTA's business systems, customers and fixed- and paratransit-route services. . RGRTA will receive Orbital's latest Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) system, known as OrbCAD XP, along with a new Operations Management module. ...
M&A cooled down when summer heated up.
Mergers and acquisitions in Los Angeles area - Editorial