Heroes Get Their Shots at Jobs ; 400 Vets Show Up with High Hopes for Hiring Fair at Indiantown Gap
Staff Writer ANNVILLE - John Helton of Columbia has been out of work since April, but he's hoping to have a job by the end of the year.
- John J. Helton, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. William P. Clements, Governor, State of Texas, Et Al., Defendants-Appellees. No. 86-1813. Summary Calendar., 832 F.2d 332 (5th Cir. 1987)
- John J. Helton, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. William P. Clements, Jr., Governor of Texas, Et Al., Defendants-Appellants., 787 F.2d 1016 (5th Cir. 1986)
- Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association, Inc.; Gerald Webb; David Rush; Wayne Bibicoff; Roy Sparks; Olin Sparks; Paul Hawkins; David Hayes; Valarie Helton; John Nunn, Sr.; Frank Carter, Individually and on Behalf of all Others Similarly Situated, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. Swift Transportation Co., Inc. (Az); Swift Transportation Co., Inc.(Nv); Ms Carriers, Inc.; Ms Carriers Warehousing & Distribution, Inc., Defendants-Appellees., 367 F.3d 1108 (9th Cir. 2004)
- Kurt A. Helton v. John Vermillion, et al., (Ohio 1999)
- United States of America, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. Juan Leonardo Paulino (90-5090); Ada Fernandez, A/K/a Ada Paulino (90-5094); Edward Chazulle (90-5091); Alex Vieyra (90-5092); Juan Carlos Paulino, A/K/a John Wilson, A/K/a Edward Sanchez (90-5093), Defendants-Appellants, Gary Helton, Steve Pierre, Samuel Torres, Defendants., 935 F.2d 739 (6th Cir. 1991)
- Notice: Sixth Circuit Rule 24(C) States that Citation of Unpublished Dispositions is Disfavored Except for Establishing Res Judicata, Estoppel, or the Law of the Case and Requires Service of Copies of Cited Unpublished Dispositions of the Sixth Circuit. Eric Pendleton, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Lt. Thomas T. Vance; Mary Dennis; John Helton; Michael Dutton; Charles Bass; Candise Tetterton; Joyce Coggin; David Elam; Robert Ledford; Ben Miller, Defendants-Appellees, Lolie Jones; W. Jeff Reynolds, Defendants., 67 F.3d 300 (6th Cir. 1995)
Mary Moore Lewis
VIRGINIA BEACH - , 89, went to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ Dec. 2, 2010. Mrs. Lewis was the daughter of the late George Tazwell Moore and Lou Hopkins Moore. She was preceded in death by her loving husband, Clyde Lewis Sr.; a son, Clyde Lewis Jr.; a brother, Robert Moore; and four sisters, Essie Moore Landrum, Mattie Moore Thompson, Ollie Louise Moore, Edna Moore Arendall and "Li...
A Twist of Fate. A Tug of Desire. That's All That Kept Athletes Like Todd Helton and John Lynch From Playing
DENVER - Matt Holliday was a highly recruited quarterback who signed to play at Oklahoma State. Choo Freeman set a Texas record with 50 touchdown catches during his high school career before choosing Texas A&M. Both could be working Sundays for the Denver Broncos at Invesco Field at Mile High. But, because of their greater passion for baseball, Holliday and Freeman are playing just up the...
In Memoriam: Lt. Col. Thomas Michael Mcgrath 1925-2014
Dad was preceded in death by his mother and father, John Joseph and Agnes McGrath; his wife, Charlotte; his brother, John McGrath; and his sisters Maiy Evans ("Sister") and Margaret Helton ("Baby"). He is survived by his son, Mark Thomas McGrath (Leslie) ; his daughters, Kimberly Ann McGrath, Karen Marie McGrath, and Lisa Kay McGrath; his grandchildren, Brandon Lane Oliver (Jen...
Willa K. Dempster
, of -Landisville, entered rest peacefully on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy, surrounded by her loving family. Willa was born in New York, NY and raised in New Jersey. She resided in Landisville for the past 39 years and is survived by her husband of almost 57 years, Donald W. Dempster. In addition to her husband, she is survived by three daughters, Joyce John,...
State Official Takes Job with Software Firm: ; Helton to Take Job with Company That Had; Big Contract with His Agency
The revolving door from state government to private enterprise turned again with the announcement that state Department of Revenue Secretary Virgil Helton is leaving to join a company that recently completed a $22.3 million contract for the department's tax operations. Helton will leave public service on Aug. 31 for a position with Fast Enterprises, Gov. Joe Manchin announced Monday. Lottery...
Mr. Clinton Weeks
Clinton Weeks, age 78, of Fishermans Cutoff, died May 13, 2005, at his home. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 PM May 16, 2005, in the Judson Baptist Church, with Rev. Gerald Ross and Rev. John W. Helton, Jr. officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery with Military honors and Masonic Rites. Holman-Abbeville Mortuary is in charge of funeral arrangements.
• The Park City Performing Arts Foundation commissioned artist John Helton to create original art for the 10-year anniversary of the Eccles Center. Helton's image is of the Eccles dancers and will be used by the foundation for years to come. • The Intermountain Society of Artists will meet Tuesday evening at 6:30 at Historic Wheeler Farm, 6351 S. 900 East. The meeting will include dinner and a...
Rockies Roll, Avoid Sweep
NEW YORK - Willy Taveras got five of Colorado's season-high 20 hits and the Rockies snapped out of an offensive drought Wednesday with an 11-5 rout of the New York Mets. Todd Helton had four hits and three RBIs and John Mabry added a three-run homer. The Rockies salvaged the victory after managing just one run in each of the first two games of the series against the Mets.
Napoli Rescata a Angels
Después de ser maniatados por Jason Jennings en siete innings, los Angels la emprendieron contra el dominicano José Mesa, en ruta a una victoria de 5-4 sobre los Rockies de Colorado, en el primero de una serie de Interligas de tres juegos que coinenzó anoche en el Angel Stadium de Anaheim ante 43,781 fanáticos. Todd Helton abrió el partido descargando su octavo cuadrangular de la temporada con...
Five Liability Cases Against Merck Removed From Circuit to Federal Court in in St. Louis
Five product liability lawsuits against drug maker Merck & Co. were removed to the U.S. District Court in St. Louis last week, and Merck attorneys plan to seek transfer of the cases to the federal court in the Eastern District of Louisiana, which is handling the multidistrict litigation concerning Vioxx. Plaintiffs' attorney Jeffrey J. Lowe, a solo practitioner in St. Louis, originally filed...
Magical Ride Is Dream for Helton
BOSTON You're not alone. If you find the revival of the Rockies a little too amazing to be true, there's at least one other Colorado resident who shares your view. You might have heard of him. His name is Todd Helton. "I don't want to pinch myself," he said. "I don't want to wake up. This is a magical ride. I want to stay on as long as possible." Helton is the John Elway of...
Bills Draft Picks
Rd. No. Name Pos. College
Deaths - Wednesday, March 21, 2012
SHELBY COUNTY Adams, Ardist
Dudley - Helton
MARTINEZ - Chelsey Lauren Helton and Sidney Salter "Bo" Dudley were married at 7 p.m., Saturday, June 11, 2005 at Savannah Rapids Pavilion. Pastor Larry Bullard officiated. Chelsey is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. M. E. "Butch" Helton of Evans. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Perry of Appling and Mr. Marvin Helton and the late Mrs. Hilda Helton of Piqua, Ohio. She ...
By Carolyn Shapiro The Virginian-Pilot
- Mercer David Grayson, Plaintiff-Appellee, Cross-Appellant, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. Ronald L. Braley, Plaintiff-Appellee, Cross-Appellant, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. Tony M. Arrington, Plaintiff-Appellee, Cross-Appellant, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. Ricky D. Sallee, Plaintiff-Appellee, Cross-Appellant, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. James L. Steadman, Plaintiff-Appellee, Cross-Appellant, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. John D. Thompson, Plaintiff-Appellee, Cross-Appellant, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. Obediah Sconiers, Et Al., Movants, Carl Helton, Charles W. Kempton, James E. Taylor, Bob Williams, David Jack Wright, Plaintiffs-Appellees, v. K Mart Corporation, Defendant-Appellant., 79 F.3d 1086 (11th Cir. 1996)
Deaths - Thursday, March 22, 2012
SHELBY COUNTY Blackwell, Jerry
Verdicts & Settlements March 24, 2014: Family Settles with Gm Over Truck 'Suicide' Door Fatality
The family of a mother and daughter killed in a 2010 collision in eastern Kansas confidentially settled a product liability lawsuit against General Motors after alleging that the women and another passenger were ejected from a pickup truck because of defective door hinges. Six plaintiffs filed the lawsuit in May 2012 in Wyandotte County, Kan. According to the complaint, a "suicide" door ...