Statement From Montebello Mayor Frank Gomez On 60 Freeway Incident
MONTEBELLO, Calif., Dec. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- On Dec. 14, 2011 at approximately 12 p.m. an incident involving a tanker truck occurred, resulting in the closure of the SR60 between the I710 and I605 freeways and damaging the Paramount Blvd./SR60 freeway. Montebello Mayor Frank Gomez issued the following statement regarding the incident, the city's response and ongoing efforts to mitigate the...
- United States v. Frank Rivas-Gomez, (8th Cir. 2002)
- Frank Gomez, Appellant, v. United States of America, Appellee., 396 F.2d 323 (9th Cir. 1968)
Rieleros Contra 'Las Vacas Locas' Indios Vs. Alamo Kings En Colt .45
Este sábado 8 de abril al punto de la 1:00 p.m. se miden en el clásico los trabucos de Sultanes de Noche Caliente, dirigidos por su lanzador derecho Gabriel "La Puntada" Ruiz contra Zacatecanos patrocinados y dirigidos por Meño Muñoz y Pilo "Zacatecas" Montes. Resultados: Pericos de Ubaldo Gómez y Frank Torres apalearon a Moreno's con pizarra de 11 carreras por 5, con victoria ...
Seven Seek Three Seats On Montebello City Council
MONTEBELLO >> This city has gone through a lot in the past few years, with a variety of audits saying that millions of dollars were misspent, as well as other issues. Tuesday's City Council election, in which three seats are at stake, could serve as a referendum on what voters think of the job the council has done in the past two years. There will be at least one new member on the council...
Montebello Moves Forward On Fiscal Recovery Plan
MONTEBELLO - In a move Councilman Frank Gomez described as a Hail Mary pass, the City Council on Wednesday adopted a balanced operating budget for 2011-12 and moved forward on a fiscal recovery plan. With just days left to bid for and secure a loan to keep the city from running out of cash, the council voted on a financial package that includes freezing vacant employee positions, reducing...
- Diversity: weakness turns to strength Leading Hispanic affairs spokesperson Frank Gomez offers his vision of Hispanic organizations, leadership, and the diversity strategies that have enabled Philip Morris to maintain its competitive edge.
Montebello Officials Reject Studying Costs of Transferring Fire Protection to County
MONTEBELLO - The City Council on Wednesday voted against going forward with a study that would look at the costs of transferring city fire protection services to the county. The Council voted 4-1 against going forward with the proposal. Mayor Frank Gomez, who requesting the study, cast the dissenting vote.
There's No Team in Montebello: Mayor Disappointed City Won't Hire Team-Building Company
The city has decided not to hire a team-building company, which Mayor Frank Gomez hoped would help the council set goals and build camaraderie. Gomez on Friday said he was disappointed that the City Council opted against hiring RJA Management Services of Arcadia, which would have cost about $7,100.
Obituaries ; Obit; Express Condolences Online at Dailymail.Com
Today's Obituaries Adkins, Glenda G. Adkins, Mildred K. Anderson, Billy G. Arthur, Fred Atha, Charley H. Jr. Bever, Genevieve A. Brown, Emory L. Brunning, Jackie W. Cassell, John B. Clark, Albert R. Coleman, Tommy J. Conard, Vio Cook, Ina Davis, Ouida C. Elkins, Reba I. Gillenwater, Ronald E. Godwin, Charles Jr. Gomez, Lois Hamm, Wayne A. Hannum, Winfred D. Henderson, Evon Hensley, Frank Howard,...
Obituaries ; Obit
Obituaries Today Adkins, Glenda G. Adkins, Mildred K. Anderson, Billy G. Arthur, Fred Atha, Charley H. Jr. Bever, Genevieve A. Brown, Emory L. Brunning, Jackie W. Cassell, John B. Clark, Albert R. Coleman, Tommy J. Conard, Vio Cook, Ina Davis, Ouida C. Elkins, Reba I. Gillenwater, Ronald E. Godwin, Charles Jr. Gomez, Lois Hamm, Wayne A. Hannum, Winfred D. Henderson, Evon Hensley, Frank Howard,...
[Carlos Mejia] and [Francisco Alfaro Jr.] are just two of the latest casualties in a gang war that has spiraled viciously out of control in Salinas. Nine gang-related killings hit the city in first two months of this year, on top of a record 25 homicides last year. "For a while, we were neck and neck with Oakland," says Pastor Tony Ortiz, founder of California Youth Outreach, a gang...
- Unpublished Disposition Notice: Tenth Circuit Rule 36.3 States that Unpublished Opinions and Orders and Judgments Have no Precedential Value and Shall Not Be Cited Except for Purposes of Establishing the Doctrines of the Law of the Case, Res Judicata, or Collateral Estoppel. Frank Gomez, Petitioner-Appellant, v. State of New Mexico, Respondent-Appellee., 937 F.2d 616 (10th Cir. 1991)
Sen. Ron Calderon, Montebello Mayor to Ask Gov. Jerry Brown to Declare Emergency for Paramount Boulevard Bridge
MONTEBELLO - State Sen. Ron Calderon said Friday he and Montebello Mayor Frank Gomez will ask Gov. Jerry Brown to declare a state of emergency, allowing for funding to pay for the replacement of the Paramount Boulevard bridge that must be demolished due to Wednesday tanker truck fire. Calderon, D-Montebello, said this action would allow CalTrans to divert money from other projects to pay for the...
- United States of America, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. Frank Villareal Rodriguez, Carlos Gomez Castillo, and Teodoro Jardon Tobar, Defendants-Appellants. No. 73-4020. Summary Calendar. [Fn*], 497 F.2d 172 (5th Cir. 1974)
- Joseph C. Slack, Appellant, v. St. Louis County Government; St. Louis County Police Department; Gene Mcnary, County Executive; Col. Gilbert Klienknecht, Supt. of County Police; Robert Stoverink, Dir. of Personnel, St. Louis County Police; Earl R. Chambers, Former Dir. of Personnel, St. Louis County Police Department; Major Lawrence Wadsack, Exec. Dir. Special Operations; John W. Munyat, Dir. of Security Services; Edward E. Carpenter, Chairman Civil Service Commission; And, Captain Leo Frank Gomez, Security Supv., St. Louis County Police, Appellees., 919 F.2d 98 (8th Cir. 1990)
- Frank S. Clement; Arturo Chavez; Larry Caballero, Plaintiffs-Appellees, v. James H. Gomez, Director, Department of Corrections; Steven Cambra; M. Pitts-Campbell; G. Perry; T. Frager; G.R. Dunham; L.A. Smith; T. Norton, Defendants-Appellants., 298 F.3d 898 (9th Cir. 2002)
This is no mistake. [Dennis Donohue] emerged early on as the heir apparent to the mayoral throne, long before he announced his candidacy. He campaigned hard for [Anna Caballero], and reassured the Weekly back in May of Caballero's chances to beat Ana Ventura Phares for the Democratic nomination to the 28th District Assembly. "Oh, don't worry; Caballero's going to win," he said with a...
Ruben Ramos' Powerful and Haunting Tribute
[Ruben Ramos]' recent Grammy win was celebrated with an outdoor concert featuring Frank Gomez, Voces de Tejas, Elizabeth Brackman, Pete Astudillo and Victoria Acosta among others. Ramos also hosted a special 45 minute VIP acoustic set with his brother Joe and his sister Inez that turned into an hour-plus revelation. Organizer, Michael Arellano, told the crowd this tribute was to recognize Ramos'...
Fontana Taggers Tied to $35,000 in Graffiti Damage
Three teens suspected of causing an estimated $35,000 in graffiti damage in Fontana were arrested by police Saturday. Frank Gomez, 18, of Fontana, along with a 15 and 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of vandalism and resisting arrest.
Montebello Moves Quickly to Oust, Replace Top Official
MONTEBELLO - In a 3-2 vote late Wednesday, the City Council voided the contract of recently appointed Interim City Administrator Nick Pacheco. Mayor Bill Molinari was joined by newly elected councilmen Art Barajas and Frank Gomez in the vote to fire Pachecho, who got the job Nov. 16.
Political Tensions Simmer in Montebello City Council Race
All five Montebello City Council seats could be up for grabs this fall as the terms of three council members expire and the effort to recall two more gains steam. The names of challengers Giuseppe Veneziano, Jamshid Jimmy Javaheri, Nancy Cadena-Perez, Frank Gomez, Richard Garcia and Jorge Manzur will appear on ballots alongside incumbents Bill Molinari and Rosie Vasquez for the November 3...
- Notice: Ninth Circuit Rule 36-3 Provides that Dispositions Other Than Opinions or Orders Designated for Publication Are Not Precedential and Should Not Be Cited Except When Relevant Under the Doctrines of Law of the Case, Res Judicata, or Collateral Estoppel. Enrique Reyes, Jr., Plaintiff-Appellant, v. City of Dinuba; Ed Todd; Bud Toy; David W. Phillips; Milton A. Tromborg; Paul Magyar; Frank J. Gomez; Barbara Lankford; Raymond K. Millard; J.B. Westmoreland; Daniel Mccloskey; John de La Montanya, Defendants-Appellees., 977 F.2d 590 (9th Cir. 1992)
- Joseph C. Slack, Appellant, v. St. Louis County Government; St. Louis County Police Department; Gene Mcnary, County Executive; Col. Gilbert Klienknecht, Supt. of County Police; Robert Stoverink, Dir. of Personnel, St. Louis County Police; Earl R. Chambers, Former Dir. of Personnel, St. Louis County Police Department; Major Lawrence Wadsack, Exec. Dir. Special Operations; John W. Munyat, Dir. of Security Services; Edward E. Carpenter, Chairman Civil Service Commission; And, Captain Leo Frank Gomez, Security Supv., St. Louis County Police, Appellees., 915 F.2d 361 (8th Cir. 1990)
Residents: Give All of Oakland 1 Council Member
Northeast Topeka's Oakland community is a cohesive neighborhood that should continue to be represented by one Topeka City Council member, the council was told Tuesday evening. Oakland residents T.J. Brown, Frank Aguilar, Elinor Cowell and William S. Gomez asked the council to reject each of two proposed redistricting maps because both would change boundaries to make southeast Oakland a part of...