County of Rensselaer
McColley v. County of Rensselaer, (2nd Cir. 2014)
... v. COUNTY OF RENSSELAER,. .... POOLER, Circuit Judge: The County of Rensselaer ("Rensselaer") and Rensselaer County Drug & ...
- Ferran v. Office of the District Attorney of County of Rensselaer, (2nd Cir. 2009)
- Ferran v. Office of the District Attorney of County of Rensselaer, (2nd Cir. 2008)
- Plaintiffs-Appellees, v. SUMMARY ORDER THE COUNTY OF RENSSELAER, COUNTY OF RENSSELAER EXECUTIVES OFFICE, JOHN DOE, an individual whose name is unknown to the plaintiffs, Cipolla v. Zwack Page Rensselaer, F. Supp. d ., (2nd Cir. 2001)
- Linda Sagendorf-Teal, Plaintiff-Appellee-Cross-Appellant, v. County of Rensselaer; W. Warren Mcgreevey, Individually and as Rensselaer County Sheriff; and Charles Walker, Captain, Defendants-Cross-Appellees, Edward Phillips, Undersheriff, Defendant-Appellant-Cross-Appellee., 100 F.3d 270 (2nd Cir. 1996)
- Mark Ferran, Nadia Ferran, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. Town of Nassau, Robert Whitney, Bernard Clifford, Town Supervisor, George Flemings, Former Highway Superintendent, Joseph Meizinger, Town Highway Superintendent, Ruth Bridgham, Former Town Attorney, County of Rensselaer, County of Rensselaer Highway Department, Ralph Colongione, Deputy County Engineer, Individually and in His Official Capacity, John Toma, County Highway Supervisor for the Southern Tier, Individually and in His Official Capacity, John F. Richardson, Joanne Richardson, Henry Goebel, Jr., Individually and in His Official Capacity as Town Justice, William Gonzales, N.Y. State Trooper (Shield #3912), Individually and in His Official Capacity, Janet I. Nadler, Defendants-Appellees., 471 F.3d 363 (2nd Cir. 2006)
- Mark Ferran, Nadia Ferran, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. Town of Nassau; Robert Whitney, Former Town Supervisor; Bernard Clifford, Town Supervisor; George Flemings, Former Highway Superintendent; Joseph Meizinger, Town Highway Superintendent; Ruth Bridgham, Former Town Attorney; County of Rensselaer; County of Rensselaer Highway Department; Ralph Colongione, Deputy County Engineer; John Toma, Supervisor for the Southern Tier; William Gonzales, N.Y. State Trooper (Shield # 3912), all Individually, and in Their Official Capacity; John F. Richardson; Joanne Richardson, and Janet Alleman, Defendants-Appellees., 11 F.3d 21 (2nd Cir. 1993)
- Mark Gentner, Frederick Mcmillan, Joseph Davis, Jerome K. Frost, Brian E. Donohue, David J. Kavanaugh, Frost & Donohue, P.C., Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. Morton D. Shulman, in His Capacity as a Town Justice of the Town of Sand Lake, New York, Henry R. Bauer, in His Capacity as a City Court Judge of the City of Troy, New York, Patrick J. Mcgrath, in His Capacity as the County Court Judge of the County of Rensselaer, New York, Defendants-Appellees., 55 F.3d 87 (2nd Cir. 1995)
- In the Matter of Robert Gorghan vs. Patricia DeAngelis, as District Attorney of Rensselaer County, No. 109 (N.Y. 2006)
- Schanbarger v. District Attorney of Rensselaer County, 580 F.2d 1045 (2nd Cir. 1978)
- Donald Schanbarger, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. District Attorney of Rensselaer County Et Al., Defendants-Appellees., 547 F.2d 770 (2nd Cir. 1976)
- Environmental statements; notice of intent: Rensselaer County, NY,
- In the Matter of the Honorable Diane L. Schilling, a Justice of the East Greenbush Town Court, Rensselaer County, No. 148 (N.Y. 2012)
Eastern New York Justice Admonished
The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct has determined that Kenneth J. Marbot, a justice of the Pittstown Town Court in Rensselaer County, should be admonished. In a determination dated Aug. 6 and made public Tuesday upon completion of statutory notice requirements, the commission found that Justice Marbot improperly presided over a case involving a speeding ticket issued to his nephew.
An Albany-area pathologist and medical examiner has determined that 8-year-old Bianca Cartagena was the victim of a homicide last year in her family's East Amherst home, authorities said. But with the Nov. 30 one-year anniversary of the child's death approaching, there have been no arrests, and the second by Dr. Michael Sikirica, Rensselaer County's chief medical examiner, has not altered...
Ny State Court of Appeals: Prosecutor's 'Deplorable' Conduct Results in New Trial
Despite finding a prosecutor's conduct "deplorable" during the defendant's trial, the New York State Court of Appeals determined the principle of double jeopardy did not apply to the defendant. In the Matter of Robert Gorghan v. DeAngelis, as district attorney of Rensselaer County, the state's highest court noted that while this was a "troubling case of a trial prosecutor's...
Eastern New York Justice Resigns
The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct has determined that Diane L. Schilling, a justice of the East Greenbush Town Court, Rensselaer County, should be removed. She was found to be improperly intervening in the disposition of a speeding ticket issued to the wife of another judge and for accepting special consideration with respect to a speeding ticket issued to her four years earlier.
What happened to all the artifacts Garrow found? "We still have material stored in various state universities," said IGTS manager for environmental, health and safety Tim Barnes, a 14-year veteran of the natural gas conduit "We hear from them occasion-ally about storage fees." The company is ahead of most in the arena of outreach, having produced a full-color, 64-page book,...
Former Officer Leadership Fellow, Now Sheriff, Endorses Officer Leadership Program
Jack Mahar, Sheriff of Rensselaer County NY, has called on other sheriffs to send deputies to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for the Officer Leadership Program. The program is a cooperative effort intended to benefit both NHTSA and the deputy. Deputies on assignment to NHTSA help develop state-of-the-art materials on technical subjects as well as improve traffic-enforcement...
New York Senators Ask Fema for Long Island Help
Even more than a month and a half after the Dec. 26 snowstorm crippled the region, the remnants of the storm can still be seen on lawns and on the sides of roads. Its effects are also still being felt by many local municipalities that had to pay for its cleanup. Gov. Andrew Cuomo recently requested a disaster declaration of FEMA for Long Island, New York City and Rensselaer County, which would...
No Scan Do, Say Critics of New State Driver's Licenses
It's frustrating that responsible retailers who are trying to do the right thing have now lost this valuable tool," said James Calvin, executive director of the state Association of Convenience Stores. "It's state government at its worst," said Rensselaer County Clerk Frank Merola, whose office also issues driver's licenses. "It's one agency not talking to another. "They...
When Emotions Trump Justice
FOR MOST of the last 12 months, yellow ribbons have dangled from trees along Rensselaer Road in the tiny town of Essex Fells. But the ribbons were not put there for the usual reason of reminding passersby that a local resident was serving overseas with the military. The ribbons were for a young man, Reade Seligmann. He was no soldier. For the past year, Seligmann has been held captive by a...
Ny State Court of Appeals Upholds Removal of City Court Judge
A city court judge who often failed to advise defendants of their right to counsel, sentenced defendants in excess of the legal maximum, jailed some defendants when they could not meet the excessive bail the judge set and coerced some defendants into pleading guilty, should be removed from office, concluded the state's highest court. In the Matter of Henry R. Bauer, Judge of the Troy City Court,...
- Frank Padavan, Charles D. Cook, Joseph R. Holland, Serphin R. Maltese, John J. Marchi, Michael J. Tully, Jr., Dale M. Volker and Rensselaer County, Nassau County and Suffolk County, on Their Own Behalf and as Class Representatives of all Counties in New York, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. United States of America, Janet Reno, Attorney General of the United States, Doris Meissner, Commissioner of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, Carol Chasse, Director of the Ins Eastern Regional Office, John J. Ingham, Director of the Ins Buffalo District, Edward J. Mcelroy, Acting Director of the Ins New York District, Donna E. Shalala, Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services and Alice Rivlin, Director of the Office of Management and Budget, Defendants-Appellees., 82 F.3d 23 (2nd Cir. 1996)
- the Western Mohegan Tribe and Nation, Also Known as Muhheakunnuk, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Orange County, Rensselaer County, Albany County, Columbia County, Dutchess County, Rockland County, Westchester County, Sullivan County, Greene County, Defendants, the State of New York and George Pataki, Defendants-Appellees. Docket No. 04-0449-Cv., 395 F.3d 18 (2nd Cir. 2004)