The Dispute Resolution Program: How Value-Added Corporate Strategies Secure Efficiency and Savings
In order to maintain a competitive edge, companies are always looking for new ways to accomplish corporate goals more efficiently. During a recession, the pressure from the top to identify savings opportunities to feed the corporate engine is even greater. Corporate legal and claims departments, where disputes are managed, especially feel pressure to resolve disputes more quickly and reduce...
Portland Councilors Support an End to 'Corporate Personhood' ; Their Resolution Urges Maine's Delegation in Congress to Limit How Money Influences Politics.
Portland councilors support an end to 'corporate personhood' Their resolution urges Maine's delegation in Congress to limit how money influences politics.
Federal Concern Brought to Council ; City Officials Are Being Asked to Debate a Resolution Against Unlimited Corporate Spending On Political Ads.
Federal concern brought to council City officials are being asked to debate a resolution against unlimited corporate spending on political ads.
Reform Our Corporate Tax Code ; How About a Resolution to Get America Competitive Again
With 2012 right around the corner, it is time to think of a New Year's resolution, and this goes for Congress as well. Instead of "kicking the can" down the road with failed attempts like 2011's supercommittee, Congress should make a real effort to start fixing the U.S. debt problem and take significant steps toward promoting economic growth in January. If we learned anything in 2011,...
Portland Council Takes Stand Against Corporate Personhood ; a Resolution Calling On Maine's Congressional Delegation to Act Passes by a 6-2 Vote.
Portland council takes stand against corporate personhood A resolution calling on Maine's congressional delegation to act passes by a 6-2 vote.
Council Approves Resolution Against Corporate Personhood by Split Vote
REDLANDS - A discussion on a proposed resolution against corporate personhood brought a mix of positive and negative reactions during Tuesday night's City Council meeting. The council voted 3-2 to approve the resolution, with Paul Foster and Jerry Bean opposed.
Port Authority Board Oks Resolution for 'Corporate Restructuring' Plan
By Robert McCabe The Virginian-Pilot
- Kenneth J. Rosa, Brian O'Connor, Gerald L. Negri, Herbert J. Kupfer, Priscilla Carpenter, Individually, and on Behalf of all Participants and Beneficiaries of the City Savings Bank, F.S.B., Minimum Benefit Retirement Plan (Formerly, the 'City Federal Savings Bank Minimum Benefit Retirement Plan') v. Resolution Trust Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity, and as Receiver of City Federal Savings Bank, as Receiver of City Savings Bank, F.S.B. and as Conservator for City Savings, F.S.B., City Federal Savings Bank; Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company, a New York Corporation, City Savings, F.S.B. ('City Savings'), City Savings Bank, F.S.B. ('City Savings Bank'), Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Intervenor, Resolution Trust Corporation, City Federal Savings Bank, City Savings Bank, F.S.B., and City Savings, F.S.B., Appellants., 938 F.2d 383 (3rd Cir. 1991)
Cincinnati Museum Center Trustees Approve Resolution to Join National Underground Railroad Freedom Center Into Corporate Structure
Cincinnati Museum Center Elizabeth Pierce, 513-368-2139 cell
Ifc Partners with Cedr to Tackle Board-Level Disputes in Emerging Economies
Experts join forces to empower emerging market businesses with sustainable corporate governance dispute resolution systems CEDR
- Changes In Corporate Governance Legislation Ministerial Resolution No. 518 Of 2009.
- First Farmers Bank and Trust Company Corporate Resolution January 20, 2009
- Environmental rights of indigenous peoples under the Alien Tort Claims Act, the public trust doctrine and corporate ethics, and environmental dispute resolution.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, in Its Capacity as Manager of the Fslic Resolution Fund, Statutory Successor To Fslic in Its Corporate Capacity, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. J. William Oldenburg, Investment Mortgage International, Inc., Empire State West, Landfund, Ltd., James W. Rossetti, Martin L. Mandel, Charles H. Burgardt, Defendants, and Mgic Indemnity Corporation, American Casualty Insurance Company of Reading, Defendants-Appellants., 34 F.3d 1529 (10th Cir. 1994)
- First American Bank, Petitioner, v. Resolution Trust Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity, Respondent., 30 F.3d 644 (5th Cir. 1994)
- Resolution Trust Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity, Plaintiff, v. H.R. "Bum" Bright, Et Al., Defendants-Appellees, Hopkins & Sutter, Peter F. Lovato Iii and Thomas D. Graber, Appellants., 6 F.3d 336 (5th Cir. 1993)
Locke Lord Continues Global Growth: Office
LONDON, Nov. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In a major global expansion to meet the needs of its national and international clients, Locke Lord announced today it will significantly develop its London presence. This strategic move will dramatically increase Locke Lord's breadth and depth outside the United States with the initial addition of an established on-the-ground international team...
Preparation For 2006 Fiscal Year SEC Filings And 2007 Annual Shareholder Meetings
... deductible for tax purposes relate principally to questions of state law regarding use of corporate assets and of tax law; our disclosure requirements are triggered by different and broader concepts. ... issuers must certify that they have adopted either a formal written charter or board resolutions addressing the nominations process. Nominating committees must also nominate the candidates for ...
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as Statutory Successor To Resolution Trust Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Gerald C. Barton, Gerald G. Rothman, William W. Vaughn, Peter R. Kirwin-Taylor, Gilbert I. Newman, Jack G. Golson, Norman L. Peck, Bernard Ille, Albert Reichman, Joe W. Walser, Jr., and Joseph v. Olree, Defendants-Appellees., 96 F.3d 128 (5th Cir. 1996)
- 98 Cal. Daily Op. Serv. 7211, 98 Daily Journal D.A.R. 10,003 Resolution Trust Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. First American Bank, a California Corporation, Defendant-Appellant., 155 F.3d 1126 (9th Cir. 1998)
- Jbp Acquisitions, Lp, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. United States of America, Ex Rel. the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity and as Successor To the Resolution Trust Corporation, Defendants-Appellees., 224 F.3d 1260 (11th Cir. 2000)
- Resolution Trust Corporation, in Its Corporate Capacity, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Charles D. Acton, David Clayton, William F. Courtney, Richard L. Davidson and John R. Rittenberry, Defendants-Appellees., 49 F.3d 1086 (5th Cir. 1995)
Council Hears From Two Residents Unhappy Over Approval of Resolution Urged by Occupy Redlands
REDLANDS - The City Council received an earful from two residents Tuesday who were unhappy with its decision to adopt a resolution against corporate personhood urged by Occupy Redlands. The resolution was adopted by the council on May 1 after a deliberation that divided the council. Mayor Pete Aguilar and Councilmen Bob Gardner and Jon Harrison voting for the document, Mayor Pro Tem Paul Foster...
- Park Club, Inc., Park Club Ltd., and A. Dalton Smith, Jr., Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. Resolution Trust Corp., in Its Corporate Capacity and as Conservator for Meritbanc Savings Association, Defendant-Appellee., 967 F.2d 1053 (5th Cir. 1992)
Corporate Personhood Knocked
A small crowd gathered at City Hall Wednesday to support a resolution to end corporate personhood. The Board of Aldermen Human Services Committee held a public hearing on drafting a resolution urging the state General Assembly and U.S. Congress to amend the U.S. Constitution to end corporate personhood. In 2010, the Supreme Court ruled in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, supporting ...